This is an exciting opportunity for a coach to join our existing management teams.
Lancing Football Club are advertising for a coach to join our Under-18s and Under-23s management teams.
This is a voluntary coaching position to work across our Under-18 and Under-23 management teams to offer the highest quality of coaching for our players.
We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds and base appointments solely on merit and the suitability of an individual to an advertised role.
Applications from members of the BAME, LGBTQ+ or any other under-represented community are particularly welcomed at any time.
The ideal candidate
A coach at Lancing Football Club can expect to:
- Work closely with the managers & coaches of their given squad to implement quality coaching, player development and support for players
- Work with management teams across all senior squads including Under-18s, Under-23s, Womens, First Team and Disability sides
- Work with the committee in implementing relevant safeguarding, welfare, personal development and support procedures
- Work with the safeguarding & welfare team to ensure a safe & enjoyable experience for all players
- Be in a position to be able to travel to home & away fixtures and training sessions
A successful candidate would be an enthusiastic individual with prior experience looking to work with an existing squad and our friendly management teams and committee.
On application, a CV with qualifications & experience is requested, and as standard our safeguarding & welfare team will look to conduct relevant vetting checks and a DBS, whilst also conducting checks with the FA for existing or planned coaching, inclusion and first aid qualifications.
*During the current COVID-19 pandemic, the successful candidate would also have support from our designated COVID-19 Officer in ensuring a safe environment for themselves, fellow volunteers and players in any in-person football activity.
Diversity, Equality and Respect
The committee at Lancing Football Club have been making stringent improvements in our work to celebrate and welcome diversity, inclusion, support and investment in reaching new members from all backgrounds of the community in which we are proud to operate.
We have a diverse, growing board of officials, and over the last 3 seasons we have launched a new mental health initiative called ‘You’re Not In This Alone’; raised money for CALM, the mental health charity; raised money and making use of materials for MIND, the mental health charity; launching a new Womens and Disability team and improving inclusion across our squads; partnering with the Co-op, Lancing Parish Council and Sussex Police to fund outreach and the costs involved in running our teams; donating used kit as part of the Sussex To Africa project; working with PAYPR to offer youth mentoring and support; working with Football v Homophobia, Show Racism The Red Card and Kick It Out to improve diversity & inclusion in our club; improving our environmental and ethical footprint by building sustainability into how we operate, including investment in recycling, donating old kit, LED stadium lights and Fairtrade Foundation footballs from Bala Sport; working with local organisations and businesses to build connections within our area.
To view more about our community initiatives visit our page here or find our Equality Policy below.
If you have any queries about equality, inclusivity or personal factors affecting your decision to apply, pleased find the contact details for our Safeguarding & Welfare team via the website here.
Being a part of Lancing Football Club
As a member of Lancing Football Club you could benefit from:
- Being a member of a trusted, reputable FA Charter Standard Community Club
- Exciting opportunities to progress in your coaching career and as an individual
- Regular opportunities to contribute to the running of the football club through communication with the committee
- Exclusive access to management teamwear and equipment
- Access to our Culver Road 3G facility including exclusive office and kit store
- Access to the support offered by our safeguarding & welfare team and organisations such as Kick It Out, Football v Homophobia, Show Racism The Red Card and PAYPR
- Access to our online shop for additional kit with our partners O’Neills
- Regular social events across individual teams and the whole club
- Opportunities to develop through funded FA courses in coaching, first aid and relevant areas
- Meet new people, build connections and become a part of our growing football community
Applicants can apply between Friday 20 November and Friday 27 November with Zoom interviews to take place during week commencing Monday 30th November with our Under-18/23 management team and select officials.
Please contact us using the details below if you are interested in this role. We look forward to welcoming your application.
Contact Details (to apply)
General Enquiries – E: email@example.com
Recruitment Policy – PDF
Equality Policy – PDF
Volunteer Recruitment Policy – PDF
Safeguarding & Welfare Flyer – PDF
*Please note that between November 2020 – January 2021 our Safeguarding & Welfare team are in the process of revising and updating our policies and documents. Therefore, please note that some documents may be lacking in certain details. If you have any queries please get in touch.