This weekend, we will be supporting Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces campaign, a national 2-week project in which clubs from non-league to the Premier League showcase their commitment to LGBTQ+ inclusion and to create an ethos and environment in which football can be enjoyed by all.
Everyone is welcome at Lancing Football Club, and we run projects throughout each season to offer visibility, support & education in relation to mental health, LGBTQ+, BAME, religious, disability and inclusivity matters.
Through wearing Rainbow Laces, we show our support of any member that belongs to the LGBTQ+ community, and we improve visibility whilst also supporting Stonewall through the purchase of laces. Our Womens team will also show their support and wear laces on Sunday in their away fixture against Milford & Witley.
Our thanks to Worthing United for agreeing to share in this campaign which will see both teams wear laces.
The following fixtures will be dedicated to Rainbow Laces:
- Lancing vs Worthing United – FA Vase – Saturday 12 Dec (H) – more info
- Lancing vs Milford & Witley Women – League – Sunday 13 Dec (A) – more info
Show your support!
- Wear laces – we will have a number of rainbow laces on sale this Saturday, and both teams will be provided with their own laces.
- Educate yourself – there are lots of resources online in which members can educate themselves and others on creating an inclusive environment for members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Support – visit the Stonewall website here and donate to support the cause.
What does LGBTQ+ stand for?
- Queer / Questioning
The ‘+’ helps to incorporate the wider spectrum of the LGBTQ community including those that identify as pansexual, pangender, intersex, asexual, agender, bigender and more.
- Sussex FA Rainbow Laces – Link
- Stonewall Website – Link
- LGBTQ+ Terms & Definitions – Link
- Lancing FC Safeguarding & Welfare – Page / Facebook / Twitter
Enquiries – E: email@example.com