Mitch Bromage, Darius Goldsmith, Will Berry, Liam Hendy, Harrison Moulton, Conrad Honore, Finn Daniels-Yeoman, Archie Marley, Mitch Hewens, Kane Louis, Lew Finney.
Subs: Max Blencowe, Ben Tyskiewicz, George Mitchell-Phillips


Cameron, Bradley Campbell -Francis,, Joe Kennard, Drew, Rab, Mo Juwara, Ebou Jallow, Tom Caplin, Josh Gould, Ben Connolly, Matt Daniel
Subs: Clayton, Luke Hendy

After two good training sessions at Culver Road, after the long enforced lay off, Lancing F C got closer to reality with an in house full sided training match. The first team squad was supplemented by some promising players from the u 23s and some triallists and two fairly evenly matched sides came head to head over 90 minutes.
Both sides put on a competitive performance and there was some entertaining football to please the very small group of onlookers, comprised of Lancing F C committee members, no spectators being permitted to be present.

Both goalkeepers were forced into action early on, with Cameron making a good save from Darius and Ben bringing the best out of Mitch as he flung himself to prevent Ben’s shot nestling in the top corner.

Matt Daniel was prominent for the blues, dropping deep to collect the ball and linking well with Bradley and Ben creating openings.

As to be expected, a number of substitutions and re-substitutions were made during the game. Everyone had a decent amount of game time. It was difficult for me to keep track of all the comings and goings, so I hope I may be excused for not reporting on who and when.

It was that man Lew Finney who opened the scoring for Whites midway through the first half. Another reliable scorer, Ben Connolly was put through and looked likely to cancel out Lew’s goal but Mitch was equal to it.

Both Conrad Honore for the Whites and Tom Caplin for the Blues were full of energy and covering a lot of ground. Mo and Mitch were having a good tussle and Liam and Will showed they had lost none of their composure at the back.

Personally, I was impressed by Harrison Moulton, both as a left back in the first half and, later on, operating in midfield. He was strong in the tackle and always willing to get forward with some direct running.

The second half was barely a minute old when a clever back heel by Josh Gould set up Tom Caplin who took careful aim curling the ball into the top corner beyond Mitch’s reach.

A measured through ball from Harrison set Ben on a goal-wards run but he seemed to stumble as he tried to turn the ball in from a narrow angle. Archie Marley brought another good save from Cameron, hitting his shot on the turn.

Blues went ahead with a swift counter attack. Matt laid the ball off to Bradley who raced forward before hitting a perfectly judged pass with the outside of his right foot to Ben, who side footed the ball home.

Whites pressed for an equaliser and a long-range effort was palmed over the cross bar by Cameron. A couple of corners followed for Whites in quick succession and with Blues unable to clear the danger, Darius took advantage striking the upright. The ball rebounded kindly to Ben Tyskiewicz for a simple tap in to bring the sides level.

Both sides had further goal attempts. Matt was again the instigator for Blues feeding Bradley whose shot was well kept out by Mitch.  Lew executed a superb lob which found Kane in space but his effort was blocked, going out for a corner. The last meaningful action was a close-range attempt by Lew getting on the end of a cross from wide but Cameron was able to prevent a goal.

Their work was not completed when referee for the day Lloyd (who is to be congratulated on a job well done) blew his final whistle, as a bit more running was to be done.

Our players are looking fit and hungry for action. Some more competitive games are ahead before we meet Flackwell Heath in the Build Base F A Vase on 17th April.


Please note that not all names may be accurate, due to difficulty confirming squad names with management.

Match Reporter: Dave Wilmott