Our latest update on how COVID-19 is affecting our operations at Lancing Football Club.
- May Awards Night has been cancelled
- Letter to the FA sent to appeal expunging of results
- Players take part in 5k run fundraising effort for the NHS
Following our string of recent updates online, we wanted to ensure that we keep you updated as to how COVID-19 is affecting our operations here at Lancing Football Club during these difficult times.
Firstly, we’d like to remind all members that the SCFA stadium remains closed until further notice, which includes no access to our office for club officials & also means we are unable to answer enquiries via our office phone system – please email us with enquiries during these times.
For the latest updates & guidelines follow Government advice via their website here.
1) Following the continued effects being seen across the UK due to COVID-19 & the continued risks to our health, we have opted to cancel our Presentation Night due to take place in May 2020 at The Dome, Worthing. We will be in touch via email to refund all tickets already purchased, in full – due to bank demand please allow 5-7 working days for refunds to be processed once you have received an email.
Instead of the formal awards night, we plan to hold an informal social at a local pub/bars once safe do so to catch up & have a drink. We will update you on this nearer the time.
2) We recently announced that we joined over 100 other non-league clubs in contributing to, and signing a letter sent to the FA last week, appealing their quick decision to immediately terminate the season & expunge all results, We feel strongly that our voices should be heard & will continue to work alongside the growing number of non-league clubs seeking a review by the FA, and local bodies such as the Sussex FA & leagues.
3) In positive news, several of our players have already taken part in a fundraising effort for the NHS by running 5k in the fastest time they can. Over £20,000 has been raised by the fundraisers so far. Huge shout out to the Lancing players who have taken part & donated.
Stay safe & we hope to see you all back at Culver Road again soon.